Education and Public Speaking
Dr. Cynthia McDonald of Transformative Living is an experienced teacher and public speaker. Because of her extensive education as well as her personal and professional experience, Dr. McDonald is able to provide you with presentations, classes, and workshops specifically designed to meet the needs of your organization and/or community. Please contact Transformative Living for a free consultation to determine if Dr. McDonald's expertise is a match for your needs. All prices for public speaking and/or teaching are negotiated on a per engagement basis. Here are some of Dr. McDonald's previous speaking engagements:
- "Well-being Enhancement and Stress Reduction Workshop for Cancer Patients", Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, Palo Alto, CA.
- "Cultivating the Gift of Presence", speaker for Good Samaritan Hospital Auxiliary Luncheon, Saratoga Country Club, Saratoga, CA.
- "Mind-body Skills for Stress Reduction Workshops":
- O'Connor Hospital, San Jose, California.
- AchieveKids, San Jose, California and Palo Alto, California.
- Dimensions in Health, San Jose, California.
- YMCA Santa Clara Valley.
- "Grounded Theory in Grounded Practice", guest speaker for graduate level Qualitative Research Methods class, Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, Palo Alto, CA.
- "Qualitative Analysis of Two Breast Cancer Support Methods and their Subjective Effects on Coping", guest speaker for graduate level health research group, Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, Palo Alto, CA.
- "Psycho-spiritual Integration and Transformation", workshop co-presenter for Humanistic Psychology Conference, 2007, San Francisco, CA.
- "Spirituality and Health: Psycho-spiritual Integration and Transformation", co-presenter at American Psychological Association Conference, 2007, San Francisco, CA.
- "Psycho-spiritual Integration and Transformation", co-presenter at Integral Theory Conference, 2008, John F. Kennedy University, Pleasant Hill, CA.
|"On behalf of the Auxiliary of Good Samaritan Hospital, I would like to thank you for being our guest speaker at our Annual Meeting and Luncheon. Your speech was exactly what we envisioned, and I think you inspired many with your talk. It was a pleasure to work with you and an even bigger pleasure to hear your presentation."
|- Margaret Ann J., 2009 Auxiliary President, San Jose, CA